The Trane error code 126 is a code that is displayed when the furnace is not able to properly ventilate. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a blockage in the venting system, or a problem with the pressure switch.
You are here because you have a question about:
- trane error code 91
- trane comfortlink ii error code 126
- trane error code 126
1. Clean or replace the air filter
In order to clean or replace the air filter in order to fix trane error code 126, the following steps must be taken:
- Remove the cover on the front of the unit.
- Remove the filter by unscrewing it.
- Clean the filter with a dust cloth or vacuum cleaner.
- Replace the filter by screwing it on in the correct direction.
- Reinstall the cover.
2. Check for debris or blockages in the outdoor unit
- Verify power is on to the outdoor unit
- Look for any debris or obstruction in the outdoor unit hose or discharge
- If there is debris or obstruction, use a vacuum cleaner to clear the obstruction.
- If the obstruction is cleared, attempt to restart the outdoor unit by pressing the power button and then turning it on. If the outdoor unit does not start, then the outdoor unit may need to be replaced.
3. Make sure the thermostat is set to the correct mode and temperature
- Make sure the thermostat is set to the correct mode and temperature:
- In the thermostat, press and hold the "C" and "H" buttons simultaneously until the digital display shows the "A" mode.
- The correct temperature should be set to "2".
- The correct mode should be set to "A/C".
- The correct time should be set to "7:00 PM".
- Check the power supply:
- Make sure the power supply is plugged into an outlet and the wall.
- Check to see if the power supply is working by turning on the thermostat and checking the display.
- If the power supply is not working, replace it.
4. Check for loose wires or damaged components in the air conditioner
- Check for loose wires or damaged components in the air conditioner.
- If there are loose wires or damaged components, replace them.
- If there are no loose wires or damaged components, then check the air conditioner for a blown fuse.
5. Reset the air conditioner by turning it off and then on again
To reset the air conditioner by turning it off and then on again, follow these steps:
- Turn off the air conditioner by turning the main power switch to the “off” position.
- Wait two minutes for the air conditioner to stop cooling.
- Turn on the air conditioner by turning the main power switch to the “on” position.
- Wait two minutes for the air conditioner to reach the operating temperature.
- If the air conditioner does not reach the operating temperature, repeat steps 2-4.
- If the air conditioner still does not reach the operating temperature, contact an authorized Trane dealer for service.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Contact a Trane authorized dealer or service technician.