Valorant is a 5v5 character-based tactical shooter developed and published by Riot Games. The game was released on June 2, 2020, for Microsoft Windows. The game features a diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique abilities and weapons.
Van 81 is a competitive rank in Valorant. It is the rank below Radiant and the rank above Immortal. Van 81 is the rank at which most competitive players are considered to be of equal skill. The rank is determined by a player's Valorant rank points.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code van 81
- error code van-81
- van 81 valorant
1. Restart the game
To restart the game in order to fix van 81 valorant, follow these steps:
- Close the game if it is currently open.
- On your computer, go to the Steam folder.
- Find the game van 81 valorant.
- Right-click on the game and select "Properties."
- Click on the "General" tab.
- Under the "Startup Options" section, select "Restart Game."
- After the game has restarted, click on the "Activities" tab.
- Select "Vanilla" from the drop-down menu next to "Game Data."
- Click on "Delete Local Files."
- After the files have been deleted, click on "OK."
- Close the Properties window.
- Launch the game again and it should work properly.
2. Check for updates
- Open the Control Panel.
- Under the Programs category, click on Windows Update.
- On the Windows Update window, click on the Check for updates button.
- On the Windows Update window, select the See all available updates check box.
- On the Update Options window, select the Install updates automatically (recommended) check box.
- On the Windows Update window, click on the Download and install updates button.
- On the Windows Update window, select the Select the updates to install from the following list box.
- On the Select the updates to install from the following list window, select the van 81 valorant updates.
- On the Updates window, click on the Install updates button.
- On the Update Progress window, click on the OK button.
3. Verify game files
- Go to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\vanilla\game\config" folder.
- Locate "vanilla" and "valorant" folders.
- Open "vanilla" folder and open "game.config" file.
- Locate "vanilla.txt" and open it.
- Locate "valorant" folder and open "game.config" file.
- Locate "valorant.txt" and open it.
- Make sure the "Paths" field in "vanilla.txt" matches the "Paths" field in "valorant.txt".
- If they do not match, then fix the paths in "vanilla.txt" and "valorant.txt" by replacing the incorrect paths with the correct paths.
4. Delete the config file
- Open the van 81 valorant configuration file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Find the line that reads "network.proxy.type": network.proxy.type = "cisco"
- Change the value of "network.proxy.type" to "socks5".
- Save the configuration file.
5. Reinstall the game
- Exit the game if you are currently in it.
- Sign in to your account if you are not already signed in.
- Click on the "Games" menu item in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the "Vanilla" tab.
- On the "Vanilla" tab, click on the "Download Game" button.
- Select the "Vanilla" game installation file that you downloaded in step 3.
- Click on the "Install Game" button.
- When the installation is completed, click on the "Play" button.