This error code indicates that the Windows Firewall service is not running. This service is responsible for protecting your computer from incoming and outgoing network traffic. If it is not running, your computer is vulnerable to attack. There are a few reasons why this service may not be running:
-The service may have been manually stopped.
-A software program or virus may have disabled the service.
-The service may be configured to start automatically, but something is preventing it from starting.
-The service may be installed but not running.
If you encounter this error code, you should check to see if the Windows Firewall service is running. If it is not, you should attempt to start the service. If the service is not installed, you should install it. If the service is installed but not running, you should try to configure it to start automatically. If you are still unable to start the service, you should contact Microsoft Support for further assistance.
People like you are also looking for:
- windows firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x80070422
- windows firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x8007
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click Firewall.
- Under Windows Firewall, click Allow a program through the firewall.
- In the Program list, select the program that is causing the problem.
- Under Properties, click the Security tab.
- In the Security settings section, click Custom level.
- Under Allow programs to request traffic, select the check box next to the program.
- Under Allow programs to make connections to this computer, select the check box next to the program.
- Click OK.
- Close Firewall.
- If the problem persists, reinstall the program.
2. Make sure that the service is running by checking in the Services snap-in
Open the Services snap-in. In the Services snap-in, double-click the name of the service that is not running. In the Service window, click the Status tab. In the Status tab, click the OK button. In the Service window, click the Start button. In the Service window, click the Status tab. If the service is running, the Status tab should show that the service is running with a green checkmark. If the service is not running, the Status tab should show that the service is not running and the error code should be 0x80070422.
3. Try disabling your antivirus software and then try changing the settings again
- Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
- In the Windows Firewall window, on the General tab, click the Settings button.
- On the Settings window, under the Protection category, clear the Allow applications and services to access the computer through the firewall check box.
- In the Windows Firewall Settings window, under the Exceptions category, add a new exception for the application you want to enable.
- Under the Action category, click Allow.
- Close the Windows Firewall window.
- Try disabling your antivirus software again.
4. Try running the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter
- Open Windows Firewall troubleshooter by pressing Windows key + X and selecting Troubleshooting and then Windows Firewall.
- Click on Open Issues button.
- Click on the first issue that you are experiencing.
- Click on the Fix button.
- After fixing the issue, click on the Next button.
- If the issue is not fixed, click on the Previous button and then fix the issue again.
- After fixing the issue, click on the Finish button.
5. Try resetting the Windows Firewall to its default settings
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- On the Windows Firewall window, click on the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, under the General heading, click on the Reset button.
- On the Reset Windows Firewall dialog box, click on the Reset button.
- On the Confirm Reset Windows Firewall dialog box, click on the Reset button.
- On the Restart Now button, click on the Restart button.
- After the computer restarts, Windows Firewall will be reset.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Make sure that the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is running.