The xbox one error 0x80004005 is a general error code that indicates a problem with the Xbox One system. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a problem with the system software, a corrupt file, or a hardware issue. This error can also be caused by a problem with the Xbox Live service.
People like you are also looking for:
- xbox error code 0x80004005
- xbox one error 0x80004005
1. Restart your Xbox One console
To restart your Xbox One console, power on the console and then press the Xbox button to open the Xbox menu. Select Settings, and then select System. Under "Restart," choose Yes to restart the system.
2. Power cycle your network equipment
- First, power off your network equipment by unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Next, wait a few minutes for the equipment to power off completely.
- Next, disconnect the network cables from the equipment.
- Next, open the front cover of the equipment by pressing down on the release button.
- Next, locate and remove the power supply from the equipment.
- Next, remove the networking card from the equipment.
- Next, gently place the networking card into a clean, dry location.
- Next, reinstall the power supply, networking card, and front cover.
- Finally, plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and turn on the equipment.
3. Delete the corrupted file and redownload it
- Open Xbox One dashboard.
- Select "System" on the left-hand menu.
- Select "Redownload files and apps".
- Select the game or app that you want to fix and click "Redownload".
- If the game or app is not available to be downloaded again, it will say "This game or app is not available for redownload".
- If the game or app is available to be downloaded again, it will start to download.
- Once the download is complete, it will say "The game or app has been downloaded".
- Select "Yes, I want to apply the changes".
- The game or app will restart and should now be playable.
4. Verify your Xbox Live subscription is active
- From the Xbox One dashboard, scroll to the right to see the Recently Played section.
- Select a game from the list and press the Menu button.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select System.
- Scroll to the bottom of the System page and select Xbox Live.
- If the Xbox Live subscription is active, it will say "Yes, this account is active." If it's not active, it will say "No, this account is not active."
- If the Xbox Live subscription is not active, you can sign up for a new one by clicking the link below.
- After verifying the Xbox Live subscription is active, select OK to save the changes and return to the game.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Verify your account has the necessary permissions.
- Check for Xbox Live service outages.
- Contact Xbox Support.