The 80070020 error code is a Windows error code that indicates that a file cannot be found. This can happen if the file is missing, has been deleted, or is not accessible. This error code can also happen if there is a problem with the permissions on the file.
People like you are also looking for:
- windows error code 80070020
- windows phone error code 80070020
1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The first step is to open the Windows Update Troubleshooter from the Start menu. The next step is to select the problem that you are experiencing and click on the "Next" button. The next step is to select the components that are causing the problem and click on the "Next" button. The next step is to decide whether to try to fix the problem manually or automatically and click on the "Next" button. The last step is to fix the problem and click on the " Finish " button.
2. Clear the Software Distribution folder
The steps to clear the Software Distribution folder are as follows:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Run.
- Type “cmd” and press Enter.
- Type “dir” and press Enter.
- Type “cd %windir%” and press Enter.
- Type “clear software distribution” and press Enter.
3. Reset the Windows Update Components
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type “regedit” and press Enter
- In the Registry Editor, locate and click on the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\Core
- In the right pane, locate the Value name “AutoUpdateEnabled” and change the value to “1”.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
4. Check for updates manually
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- On the System and Security window, click on Windows Update.
- On the Windows Update window, click on Check for updates.
- On the Check for updates window, click on the Update button.
- On the Update window, select from the available updates.
- If an update is found, click on the Install button.
- After the update is installed, click on the Restart button.
- After the computer is restarted, check for any 80070020 errors.