There are a few ways to fix mac error code -36, and the most common way is to use a third-party software application. There are a few different software applications that can be used to fix this error, and they are all available for download on the internet. The most popular software application that is used to fix this error is called "MacKeeper". MacKeeper is a software application that is designed to fix a variety of different errors on a Mac, and it is very effective at fixing this particular error.
The reason that mac error code -36 happens is because of a problem with the way that the Mac OS X operating system handles certain types of files. When a file is downloaded from the internet, the Mac OS X operating system will place a "lock" on the file. This lock is designed to prevent the file from being modified or deleted. However, sometimes the lock can become corrupt, and when this happens, the mac error code -36 will occur.
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Restart your computer.
- If the computer restarts properly, try to open iTunes again.
- If iTunes still does not work, try to open the Apple Store app, and then try to purchase an app or update an app.
- If the Apple Store app still does not work, try to open the App Store app, and then try to purchase an app or update an app.
- If the App Store app still does not work, try to open the iTunes Store app, and then try to purchase an app or update an app.
2. Check for updates to your operating system and try again
1.Open the App Store on your Mac. 2.In the App Store, click on the Updates tab. 3.Select your operating system from the list on the left, and then click on the Check for updates button. 4.If there are any updates available for your operating system, they will be listed on the right. 5.Select the updates that you want to install, and then click on the Install updates button. 6.If there are any problems installing the updates, you will be notified about them. 7.If the updates are successfully installed, you will be returned to the Updates tab. 8.Click on the OK button to close the Updates tab. 9.Close the App Store. 10.Reboot your computer. 11.If the problem is still not fixed, you may need to reinstall your operating system.
3. Run a disk utility program to fix any errors on your hard drive
- Open the "Disk Utility" application found in the "Applications" folder on your Mac.
- Select your hard drive in the list on the left and click on the "Errors" tab.
- Click on the "Volumes" button and select the file or files that you believe contain the error.
- Click on the "Fix Disk" button and wait while the program repairs the disk.
- Once the repairs are complete, click on the "OK" button to close the Disk Utility program.
4. Delete any temporary files that might be causing the error
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Security & Privacy icon.
- Click on the General tab.
- Under the “Temporary Files” heading, click on the “Delete Files” button.
- Select the files you want to delete, and click on the “Delete” button.
- Click on the “OK” button to confirm the deletion.
5. Change your file sharing settings in the Finder
Open the Finder and select the icon in the top left corner of the screen. Select the File Sharing option from the menu that appears. Select the type of file sharing you want to change. Select the people or groups you want to share files with. Select the folders you want to share. Select the files you want to share. Select the sharing options you want to use. Select the checkboxes next to the people or groups you want to share with and the folders you want to share with to enable sharing. Select the checkboxes next to the files you want to share with and the folders you want to share with to enable sharing. Select the OK button to save your changes.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Reset the NVRAM on your computer.
- Format your hard drive and reinstall your operating system.