There are a few common DIRECTV error codes that can pop up for customers. The most common error code is 771, which indicates a signal loss for the satellite dish. This can be caused by a number of things, from bad weather to a loose connection. Another common error code is 775, which means the receiver is not detecting a signal from the dish. This can be caused by a number of things as well, including a bad dish or a loose connection.
- DIRECTV error code 775DIRECTV error code 775 is an error that usually occurs when your DIRECTV receiver has trouble communicating with your satellite dish. The error may also indicate that the signal between the receiver and satellite dish has been interrupted. Possible reasons for this error include the lack of power or a problem with the satellite dish itself.
- directv error code 771How do you fix directv error code 771?The directv error code 771 happens when the satellite signal is obstructed
1. Check all connections to make sure they are secure
- Press and hold the "C" button on your Direct TV remote for 3 seconds.
- Release the "C" button.
- On the TV screen, press the "Menu" button and then select "System Settings."
- Select "Network."
- Check that the "Connection" box is set to "secure."
- Check that the "Password" box is set to "password."
- Enter the password in the "Password" box and then press the "OK" button.
2. Check for loose cables
- Turn off your DirectTV box and all associated equipment.
- Remove the cover on the back of the DirectTV box.
- Inspect the wires connecting the box to the satellite dish. If any of the wires appear to be loose or disconnected, tighten the wire using a wrench.
- reconnect the wires and reattach the cover. Turn on the DirectTV box and all associated equipment.
- If the problem persists, call DirectTV technical support.
3. Check for software updates
- Navigate to the directv home screen.
- Select the "Settings" icon.
- Select "System Updates."
- Select "Check for Updates."
- Select "Yes, update my software."
- Select "Install Updates."
- Select "Finish."
- If prompted to restart your directv system, please do so.
- Once the updates are installed, please check for and install any applicable updates.