DIRECTV error code 775
DIRECTV error code 775 is an error that usually occurs when your DIRECTV receiver has trouble communicating with your satellite dish. The error may also indicate that the signal between the receiver and satellite dish has been interrupted. Possible reasons for this error include the lack of power or a problem with the satellite dish itself.
Solution 1. Check Cable Connections
“DIRECTV error code 775” may occur when your DIRECTV could not communicate with the satellite dish due to cable and power management. Check your cable and power at the back of your DIRECTV.
NOTE: If your location is currently having a weather problem such as storm, wait it is clear.
- Make sure the adaptor LED light is green, that means good. If not reconnect it properly to the power outlet.
- Make sure the to cables in the Single Wire Multi (SWM) adaptor is inserted correctly in the port they are specified.
- Then check the Satellite (SAT) IN connection, if the cable is not loose. Reconnect it may fix the problem.
Solution 2. Power Cycle the DIRECTV
“DIRECTV error code 775” may occur when your DIRECTV could not communicate with the satellite dish. It may need a power cycle to return refresh the connection.
- Unplug the SWM adaptor
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the SWM adaptor, make sure the LED light is green.
- Check if it fixes the problem.
If the problem still exists, call the DIRECTV service provider. They could be under maintenance, or the hardware component might be faulty such as damage cable.