DIRECTV error code 775
What is ‘DIRECTV error code 775’?
DIRECTV error code 775 is an error that usually occurs when your DIRECTV receiver has trouble communicating with your satellite dish. The error may also indicate that the signal between the receiver and satellite dish has been interrupted. Possible reasons for this error include the lack of power or a problem with the satellite dish itself.
How can you fix ‘DIRECTV error code 775’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking cable connections
- Power cycling the DIRECTV
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Check Cable Connections
“DIRECTV error code 775” may occur when your DIRECTV could not communicate with the satellite dish due to cable and power management. Check the power and cables at the back of your DIRECTV.
NOTE: If your location is currently having a weather problem such as a storm, wait until it is clear.
- Make sure the adaptor LED light is green, that means good. If not, reconnect it properly to the power outlet.
- Make sure the to cables in the Single Wire Multi (SWM) adaptor is inserted correctly in the port they are specified.
- Then, check the Satellite (SAT) IN connection if the cable is not loose. Reconnecting it may fix the problem.
Solution 2. Power Cycle the DIRECTV
“DIRECTV error code 775” may also occur when your DIRECTV could not communicate with the satellite dish. It may need a power cycle to refresh the connection.
- Unplug the SWM adaptor
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the SWM adaptor and make sure the LED light is green.
- Check if it fixes the problem.
If the problem still persists, call the DIRECTV service provider. They could be under maintenance or the hardware component might be faulty, such as damaged cable.Last Updated on