An OLE DB Error Has Occurred Error Code 0x80004005 is a Windows error code that indicates a problem with a program that uses the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) to communicate with a database. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including a corrupt MDAC installation, a corrupt database, or a problem with the program that is using the MDAC components.
You are here because you have a question about:
- ssis error code dts_e_oledberror 0x80004005
- an ole db error has occurred error code 0x80004005
1. Update the database driver
- Go to the Control Panel
- Click on System and Security
- Click on Administrative Tools
- Double-click on Services
- Locate the database driver you want to update and right-click on it
- Click on Properties
- On the General tab, click on the Update button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update
2. Change the database connection settings
- Open the Control Panel and go to the System and Security section.
- Click on the System Properties icon.
- Click on the Advanced System Settings icon.
- Under the System Properties heading, click on the Memory section.
- In the Section heading, click on the File System heading.
- Click on the Change button next to the Database Connection.
- In the Data Source Name text box, type the name of the database you would like to connect to.
- In the Server name text box, type the name of the database server.
- In the Port number text box, type the port number of the database server.
- Click on the OK button.
- In the Results text box, click on the Close button.
3. Run the database in compatibility mode
- Open a Command Prompt and change to the directory where the database is located
- Type the following command to run the database in compatibility mode dbcc fixdb - compatibility on
- If the database is successfully run in compatibility mode, the error code 0x80004005 will be resolved.