Backend error code 518 is an error that can occur when trying to connect to a server. This error can be caused by a number of things, such as a server being down, a firewall blocking the connection, or a problem with the DNS.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- tarkov backend error code 518
- backend error code 518 tarkov
1. Check the server logs for more information on the error
To check the server logs for more information on the error in order to fix backend error code 518 tarkov:
- On the server console, type "tail -F logfile" to view the last few lines of the server log file.
- In the server log file, look for an error message that corresponds to the backend error code 518 tarkov.
- If you find an error message that corresponds to the backend error code 518 tarkov, use the information in that message to fix the problem.
2. Restart the server
- Login to the server and navigate to the command prompt
- Type the following command and hit Enter: shutdown -r -t 0
- Once the server has shut down, restart it by typing the following command and hitting Enter: reboot
- Once the server has restarted, check the backend error code by typing the following command and hitting Enter: netstat -an | find ":518"
3. Check for updates to the game server software and apply any available updates
- Launch the game server software.
- Click on the "Check for Updates" button.
- If any available updates are available, they will be shown on the screen.
- Click on the update that you want to apply.
- The update will be applied to the game server software.
- If there are any problems with the update, they will be shown on the screen.
- If the update is successful, the "Update Successfully Applied" message will be shown on the screen.
- If the update is not successful, the "Update Failed" message will be shown on the screen.
4. Contact the game server provider for further assistance
- Press the "Support" button on the in-game main menu.
- Select "Contact Server Provider."
- Enter the game server provider's support ticket number.
- Provide as much information as possible about the error, including the server's name and IP address.
- Request assistance in resolving the issue.