CE-33984-7 PS4 error
What is CE-33984-7 PS4 error?
CE-33984-7 PS4 error is an error that usually occurs when the connection test times out while trying to obtain the IP address.
How can you fix CE-33984-7 PS4 error?
Some of the solutions to this error include:
- Setting your IP address to manual
- Testing your ethernet connection
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Set IP address to Manual
“CE-33984-7 PS4 error” may occur when your PS4 has a static IP address. The IP address set to your PS4 could be in use, that is why your PS4 could not obtain an IP from the modem router. Please set it to automatic or set it Manual then increment the last three digits of the IP address. You could also assign an IP address for your PS4 using the router, see this YouTube video here on how to.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Network.
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select form WiFi or LAN Cable whichever you are using.
- Select Custom.
- For the IP address select Manual or Automatic.
If Manual increment the last 3 digits.
Input IP, subnet, and gateway, that you have copied.
- If you do not have a DNS server, use Google Public DNS
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- For the MTU setting select automatic.
- Proxy server select Do not use.
- Then, test your connection.
Solution 2. Test Ethernet connection
“CE-33984-7 PS4 error” may also appear when your PS4 ethernet has a problem communicating with the modem router. Test your connection, by using the guide below.
- Connect using your WiFi. If you could connect to the modem, this indicates the ethernet has a problem.
- Reconnect your ethernet cable to your PS4 LAN port and reconnect the ethernet to the modem router starting from the LAN port number 1 then increment when it does not connect. It is possible that the Lan ports could be disabled or faulty.
- Call your ISP, your modem LAN port 2 and up might be disabled. Some ISP disabled it via firmware update with the customer knowing.
- Change your ethernet cable. It is also possible that your cable is damaged.
- Check modem or router configuration if your PS4 Ethernet MAC address is set to static or your Ethernet MAC address is block.
- Go to safe mode and do a Rebuild Database, then test.
- If step 5 failed, go into Safe mode Initialize your PS4.
If all steps fail, please send your PS4 to the service center to check your LAN port if it is for repair.Last Updated on
Solution 3. Test WiFi Connection
“CE-33984-7 PS4 error” may also appear when your PS4 WiFi signal emitted by the modem or router is weak. Test your connection, by using the guide below.
- Connect using ethernet/wired. If you could connect to the modem, this indicates the WiFi has a problem.
- Place the PS4 where WiFi signal is strong.
- If a modem is far from the console, add a new access point (router) or a WiFi repeater to extend the WiFi signal.