Dev error vanguard is an error code that can occur when playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Call of Duty: Warzone on Xbox One. This error code is usually caused by a problem with the game or your Xbox One console.
Other common searches for this error include:
- vanguard error code 5479
- dev error vanguard xbox
1. Restart the game
- On your controller, press and hold the Xbox button and the power button at the same time.
- After a few seconds, release the power button.
- Keep holding the Xbox button until the console powers off.
- Press the power button to power on the console.
- Select “Settings” and then “System”.
- Select “Restart” and then press the button.
2. Quit the game and restart it
- Quit the game by pressing the "Menu" button and selecting "Quit Game"
- Reset the console by pressing the "Reset" button on the controller
- Reinsert the game disc and select "Load Game"
- Select the "Start New Game" option and continue playing
3. Check for updates and install them
- Launch the Xbox One Settings app.
- Select System.
- Select Updates.
- Select Check for updates.
- If there are updates available, select Install updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
- If there are any updates that need to be installed manually, select Install updates manually.
- Once the updates are installed, restart the Xbox One.
4. Delete the game's local content and reinstall it
Delete the game's local content (including any downloaded content) and reinstall it. If the dev error persists, try one of the following: -Update the game to the latest version. -Update the Xbox One system software. -Try a different Xbox One console.
5. Verify the game files through Steam
- Open up Steam and sign in.
- In the top left corner of the main menu, select "Games" and then "Library."
- Locate the game you're trying to fix and select it.
- On the right side of the window, select the "Verify Files" option.
- Steam will scan the game files and will list any errors that it finds.
- If there are any errors, you will need to fix them before continuing.
- Once the errors are fixed, click "OK" and Steam will restart the game.
- Once the game has restarted, you will be able to play it without any issues.
6. Contact the game developer for support
- Launch the Xbox One dashboard.
- Select "Settings" from the main menu.
- Select "System."
- Select "Devices."
- Select "Xbox One."
- Select "Contact us" from the "Support options" drop-down menu.
- Enter your Xbox One's product number and select "Submit."
- A support agent will contact you to help resolve your issue.