The "too many redirects" error typically occurs when there is a redirect loop on a website. This happens when a redirect points to itself or when there is a series of redirects that eventually lead back to the original URL. Redirect loops can be caused by a number of things, including misconfigured URL rewrites, incorrect redirects, and cyclical proxy configurations.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code err_too_many_redirects
1. Check for typos in the URL
- Use the URL checker on your web browser to search for typos in the URL.
- If you find typos, use the correct spelling for the URL in the address bar of your web browser.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all typos are corrected.
- If you find any other errors in the URL, use the correct spelling and grammar to fix the URL.
2. Check if the URL is pointing to the correct website
The first step is to confirm that the URL is pointing to the correct website. The next step is to check for any redirects. If there are any redirects, then the URL is likely pointing to the incorrect website.
3. Clear your browser's cache
- Click on the Chrome menu button (three lines to the right of the address bar), and select "Settings."
- On the "Settings" page, click on the "Advanced" tab.
- In the "Advanced" tab, under the "Cache" heading, click on the "Clear browsing data" button.
- Click on the "Clear browsing data" button again to confirm.
- Click on the "Close" button in the "Settings" page to finish.
4. Check your browser's extensions
- In Chrome, open the "Tools" menu and click "Extensions."
- In the "Extensions" tab, click on the "Manage extensions" button.
- In the "Manage extensions" window, click on the "Err_too_many_redirects" extension.
- In the "Err_too_many_redirects" window, click on the "Options" button.
- In the "Options" window, click on the "Redirects" tab.
- In the "Redirects" tab, check the "Enable redirects" checkbox.
- In the "Redirects" tab, click on the "Configure" button.
- In the "Configure" window, click on the "Auto-update" checkbox.
- Click on the "OK" button to save the changes.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Update your browser
- Check for redirects on the website itself
- Check your DNS settings
- Disable your firewall