The 0x00000001419101f1 9926301 0xc0000005 error code is a Windows error that happens when there is a problem with a specific driver or hardware device. This error can also happen if there is a problem with the registry or if a virus has infected the system.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 0x00000001419101f1
- error code 0x00000001419101f1 9926301 0xc0000005
1. Try restarting your computer
- Shut down your computer.
- Remove the battery and plug in the power cord.
- Restart your computer.
- If the problem persists, contact your computer manufacturer for assistance.
2. Check for updates and install any that are available
- Go to Settings > System > Updates.
- If there are any updates available, you will see a list of updates and their descriptions.
- If you want to install any of the updates, tap on the update that you want to install.
- If there are any additional steps that you need to take, such as agreeing to the terms of the update, you will see those steps listed after the update has been installed.
3. Run a virus scan
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter: scannow
- If the scan reports any errors, fix them by following the instructions provided.
- If the scan is completed without any errors, type the following command and press Enter: exit
- Restart your computer.
4. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the program that is causing the error
- Open the Start menu and search for "programs and features."
- Locate the program that is causing the error and uninstall it.
- If the program was a desktop application, right-click on the icon and select "remove from desktop."
- If the program was a browser extension, browser, or plugin, remove it from your browsers.
- Delete the program's files from your computer.
- Reinstall the program that is causing the error.
- If the problem persists, contact the program's manufacturer for assistance.
5. Contact the program's support team
- Go to the Microsoft website and search for "support."
- On the Microsoft website, click on "Support."
- On the Support page, click on "Contact Us."
- On the Contact Us page, type in "0x00000001419101f1 9926301 0xc0000005" in the "Subject" field and click on the "Submit" button.
- A message will appear asking you to enter your contact information. In the "Message" field, type in your message and click on the "Send" button.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Perform a clean boot.
- Try running the program in compatibility mode.
- Restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
- Run a System File Checker scan.
- Run a DISM scan.