Valorant error 0xc0000005 is a memory access violation error that can happen for a number of reasons. One common reason is that a program is trying to access a memory address that is not valid. This can happen if the program is not properly coded, or if there is a problem with the way the program is installed. Another common reason for this error is that a program is trying to access a memory address that is already in use by another program. This can happen if the two programs are conflicting with each other, or if one program is trying to access a memory address that is being used by the other program.
You are here because you have a question about:
- valorant error code 0xc0000005
- valorant error 0xc0000005
1. Download and install the latest version of DirectX
There are a few different ways that you can install DirectX, depending on what platform you are using. If you are using a Windows computer, you can go to the DirectX website and download the latest version of DirectX. If you are using a Mac, you can go to the Apple website and download the latest version of DirectX. If you are using a Linux computer, you can install the latest version of DirectX from the official Ubuntu Software Center.
2. Update your video drivers
- Open Device Manager by clicking on the Start button, clicking on Control Panel, clicking on Device Manager, and then clicking on the Video adapters item.
- Right-click on the video adapter that is causing the valorant error and select Update Driver.
- On the Driver Installation Options window, click on the Browse my computer for driver software… button.
- On the next window, locate the folder where the driver files for the video adapter are located and select the driver files.
- Click on the Next button and then on the Finish button.
- Close Device Manager.
3. Verify your game files
- Start up your game and try to start a new game.
- If you're able to start a new game, make sure you have the latest patch installed.
- Quit the game and open the "Project Settings" folder.
- Delete any files in this folder that are named "Valorant.ini".
- Start the game again and try to start a new game.
- If you're able to start a new game, make sure the game files are exactly the same as the ones that are listed in the "Valorant.ini" file.
4. Delete the ShaderCache folder
- Open the Start Menu and type "cmd"
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following commands and press Enter after each one: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\shadercache del shadercache.bin
- Close the Command Prompt window and restart Rocket League if it is currently running.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Disable your antivirus software.
- Temporarily disable your firewall.
- Repair your registry.
- Reinstall the game.