The 0x5 error code indicates that a problem exists with the operating system's registry. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a virus, a corrupt file, or an incorrect setting. When the registry is damaged, it can cause the system to become unstable and crash.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code:0x5
- install motioninjoy driver fail.. error code:0x5
1. Check that the computer's BIOS is up-to-date
- Boot the computer and press the F2 key when the BIOS splash screen appears.
- Select the "Update BIOS" option from the main menu.
- If the BIOS is up-to-date, the computer will display a message indicating that the update was successful. If the BIOS is not up-to-date, the computer will display a message indicating that the update is required and provide instructions on how to update the BIOS.
2. Change the boot order in the BIOS so that the computer boots from the hard drive first
To change the boot order in the BIOS, you will first need to open the BIOS by pressing the Delete key and selecting the password prompt. After you have entered the BIOS, look for the boot order setting and change it to boot from the hard drive first.
3. Run a virus scan using antivirus software
Step 1: Open your antivirus software and click on the "Scan" tab. Step 2: Select the type of scan you want to run and click on the "Start" button. Step 3: Wait for the scan to finish and click on the "Results" tab to view the results. Step 4: If there are any errors detected, click on the "Fix" button to solve them.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run a Windows system file checker tool.
- Run the Windows memory diagnostic tool.
- Update the driver for the hard drive.
- Reinstall Windows.