Windows error code 0x80070bcb happens when a file needed by Windows to run is damaged or missing. This can happen if your computer's registry has become corrupted, or if a virus or malware has damaged or deleted files needed by Windows.
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Open the "Start" menu and click "Restart".
- Press "F8" to open the "Advanced Boot Options" menu.
- Click on "Reboot" and then on "Restart".
- After your computer restarts, check the error code again and if it is still 0x80070bcb, please try the following steps.
- Remove any hardware or software that might be causing the issue. If the issue still persists, please contact customer service for further assistance.
2. Try a different USB cable
- Ensure that the USB cable is properly plugged into the computer and the USB port on the device.
- Try restarting the computer and the device.
- Try replacing the USB cable with another one.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Try a different USB port.
- Check for any updates for your operating system and install them.
- Check for any updates for your BIOS and install them.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and follow the instructions.
- Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and follow the instructions.
- Try to install the app again from the Microsoft Store.
- Contact the app developer for more support.