Error0x80070057 is a Windows error code that indicates a problem with the way the operating system is configured. This can happen if the registry is corrupt, the system files are damaged, or the settings are incorrect. This error can also occur if there is a problem with the hardware or drivers.
People like you are also looking for:
- windows 10 anniversary update error code 0x80070057
- windows 10 upgrade error code 0x80070057
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Shut down your computer
- Remove the battery or unplug the power cord
- Wait 10 seconds
- Plug in the power cord and turn on your computer
- Enter the BIOS (press F2 during startup)
- Change the boot order to CD/DVD drive first
- Change the boot device to your hard drive
- Restart your computer
- If the error persists, reinstall your Operating System
2. Check for updates and install any available updates
- Open the Control Panel
- Double-click on the System and Security applet
- Click on the Windows Update icon
- Click on the View Available Updates button
- Check for any available updates
- If there are any available updates, click on the Install button
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Once the updates are installed, reboot the computer
3. Try running the program as an administrator
- Open the Programs and Features control panel
- Click on the Turn Windows features on or off link in the left hand column
- Search for and select the Windows Error Reporting feature
- Click on the Turn on Windows Error Reporting button
- Click on the Diagnose button in the Windows Error Reporting window
- Follow the instructions on the screen to provide your computer information
- When the process is finished, click on the Finish button
- Close the Windows Error Reporting window
- Click on the Start button, type cmd into the search bar and hit enter
- In the command prompt window, type the following commands: cd C:\Windows chkdsk c: If the problem is still occurring, repeat the steps above, but replace c: with your Windows drive letter.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Reinstall the program.
- Run a virus scan.
- Try running the program in compatibility mode.
- Disable any security software temporarily and try again.
- Contact the program developer for assistance.