The F1 E3 error code on a Whirlpool washer indicates that there is a problem with the washer's door lock. This error code can happen for a number of reasons, such as a problem with the door lock itself, a problem with the washer's control board, or a problem with the washer's wiring. If the door lock is the problem, it will need to be replaced. If the control board is the problem, it will need to be replaced. If the wiring is the problem, it will need to be repaired.
1. Check the power supply to the washing machine
- Turn off the washing machine at the breaker.
- Remove the front panel.
- Check the power supply to the washing machine. If it is not working, replace the power supply.
- Reinstall the front panel.
- Turn on the washing machine.
- Check the error code. If it is still f1 e3, replace the washing machine's motherboard.
2. Check the water supply to the washing machine
First, turn off the main water supply to the washing machine. Next, disconnect the water supply line to the washing machine. Finally, use a wrench to turn the water supply valve on the washing machine to the "Off" position.
3. Check the drain hose to the washing machine
- Remove the front panel of the washer by removing the 4 screws that hold it in place.
- Remove the upper panel of the washer by unscrewing the 4 screws that hold it in place.
- Loosen the drain hose coupling by turning it counterclockwise.
- Inspect the drain hose for damage and replace if necessary.
- Reinstall the upper panel and screws, and tighten the coupling.
- Reconnect the power cord and test the washer.
4. Clean the lint filter
- Turn off the washer and unplug the power cord.
- Open the front panel and remove the lint filter. 3.Clean the filter with a soft cloth or a vacuum cleaner.
- Replace the lint filter and close the front panel.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the washer.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check for any loose or damaged clothing in the washing machine. Remove any items that could be causing the issue.
- Run a diagnostic test on the washing machine. This can help to identify the cause of the error code.
- Contact a qualified technician for further assistance.