The F28 error code on a Whirlpool washer indicates that the washer is not draining properly. This can be caused by a clogged drain, a bad drain pump, or a faulty pressure switch.
Other common searches for this error include:
- f28 error code whirlpool washer
- whirlpool duet washer error code f 28
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not kinked or blocked
- Open the washer's door.
- Look down the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or blocked. If it is, straighten the kink or block and close the washer's door.
- Check the water level in the tub. If it is low, add water to the tub.
- Check the washer's water filter. If it needs to be replaced, replace it.
- Check the washer's drain pump. If it needs to be replaced, replace it.
- Check the washer's spin speed. If it is too high, lower it.
- Check the washer's agitator. If it needs to be replaced, replace it.
2. Clean the drain pump filter
- If the washer is not leaking, remove the front access panel by removing the two screws on the front and pulling it off.
- Remove the drain pump filter by unscrewing the four screws that hold it in place.
- Remove the filter screen and wash it in hot water and soap.
- Dry the filter screen and screw it back on to the pump.
- Replace the front access panel and screws.
3. Check the house circuit breaker or fuse to make sure the power is not off to the washer
- Check to see if the power is off to the washer
- Check the house circuit breaker or fuse
- If the power is off to the washer, replace the house circuit breaker or fuse.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Unplug the washer for one minute, then plug it back in.
- If the washer is on a GFCI circuit, reset the GFCI.
- Call a qualified appliance repair technician.