The Whirlpool Duet F28 reset error code happens when the washer's control board thinks that there is a problem with the motor. This can be caused by a variety of things, such as a power surge, a loose wire, or a problem with the control board itself. If the problem is with the motor, it will need to be replaced. If the problem is with the control board, it will need to be repaired or replaced.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- f28 error code
- whirlpool duet f28 reset
1. Check the washer's manual to see if there is a reset button
To check if there is a reset button on a whirlpool duet f28 washer, first locate the manual. On the back of the machine, you will find the manual attached to a metal plate. Open the manual and locate the section that pertains to the washer. Look for the section that discusses the washer's controls. If you find a reset button, press it in order to reset the washer.
2. Unplug the washer for 30 seconds and then plug it back in
- Turn off the breaker that controls the washer.
- Disconnect the electric supply to the washer.
- Remove the screws that hold the top panel on and then remove the top panel.
- On the left side of the washer, locate the black wire that goes to the motor. Strip 1/2 inch of insulation off of the wire.
- Connect the stripped wire to the white wire that comes from the wall.
- Reconnect the electric supply and turn on the breaker that controls the washer.
- Replace the top panel and screws.