Failed to create KVP sessions string error code 0x8007007A can happen for a number of reasons. The most common reason is that the Windows Registry is corrupt and contains invalid entries. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a virus, a bad driver, or a corrupted file. Another possibility is that the KVP service is not running. This can be checked in the Services applet in the Control Panel. If the service is not running, it can be started by clicking the Start button, then typing "services.msc" into the search box. Once the Services applet opens, scroll down to the "Keyboard Video Path" service and make sure it is set to "Automatic." If it is not, set it to that and then click the "Start" button to start the service.
1. Restart the computer and try again
- Attempt to create a new kvp session
- If the error persists, contact Microsoft Support
- If the error does not persist after restarting the computer and creating a new kvp session, then the problem is most likely with the computer hardware or software.
2. Check the spelling of the string
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter: wmic verbose /show errors
- In the Output window, look for the line that says "Failed to create kvp sessions."
- On that line, you'll see the error code that was causing the problem.
- To fix the error, you'll need to correct the spelling of the error code. To do that, you can use the following command: regedit
- In the Registry Editor window, locate the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\KvpSvc" key.
- Under that key, you'll see a "KvpSvc" subkey.
- In that subkey, you'll see a "ErrorControl" value.
- You'll need to change the "ErrorControl" value to "0x8007007a".
- Click OK to save the changes and close the Registry Editor window.
- Restart the Windows service that was causing the problem.
3. Try using a different string
- Open Control Panel and click on the Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Network and Sharing Center icon.
- Click on the Change Adapter Settings icon.
- Right-click on the network adapter that you are trying to use and select Properties.
- Select the Networking tab and click on the Adapter Settings button.
- Click on the Properties button for the network adapter that you are trying to use.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- In the Adapter Settings window, select the TCP/IP adapter.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced TCP/IP Settings window, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) radio button.
- Click on the Properties button.
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window, click on the Use the following DNS servers button.
- Type the following DNS servers in the Preferred DNS server field and click on the OK button. 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199
- Click on the OK button.
- Close the Adapter Settings window.
- Close the Properties window for the network adapter that you are trying to use.
- Restart the computer.
- Try using the different string in order to fix the failed to create kvp sessions string error code 0x8007007a.
4. Check for updates to the KVP software
- Open the KVP software.
- In the main window, select File > Check for Updates.
- In the Check for Updates window, select the available updates.
- Click OK to install the updates.
- If the updates fail to install, check the KVP software for installation errors and correct them.
- Try to create a new kvp session. If the session fails, the update may have failed to fix the problem.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Uninstall and reinstall the KVP software.
- Contact the software manufacturer for support.