If you see the CE code on your Hayward heater, it means that the system has detected a problem with the circulation pump. This can happen for a number of reasons, including a clogged filter, a problem with the pump itself, or a problem with the wiring. If you see this code, you should contact a pool professional to come and take a look at your system.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- hayward pool heater error code ce
- hayward heater ce code
1. Clean or replace the filter
To clean the filter in order to fix the Hayward heater ce code, first turn off the power to the heater by unplugging the cord from the outlet. Then use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dirt, dust, and debris from the filter. Replace the filter if necessary. Turn on the power to the heater and test it to see if the issue has been resolved.
2. Check the heating element for damage and replace it if necessary
Turn off power to the heater. Remove the cover. Check the element for damage. If damage is found, replace the element. Replace the cover. Reconnect power to the heater.
3. Clean the heating element coils with a brush
- Turn off the power to the unit.
- Remove the screws that hold the cover on the heating element.
- Remove the heating element.
- Clean the coils with a brush.
- Replace the heating element.
4. Check the thermostat and replace it if necessary
- Open the hood and locate the thermostat.
- Remove the thermostat by unscrewing it.
- Inspect the thermostat for damage and replace it if necessary.
- Reconnect the electrical wiring to the thermostat.
- Reinstall the thermostat by screwing it into place.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check the wiring and replace any damaged wires.
- Call a professional for assistance.