If you see the pentair heater error code r14, it means that the heater has been locked out due to a high temperature condition. The most likely cause of this is that the water temperature in the pool is too high. This can happen if the pool is left in the sun for too long, or if the filter is not working properly.
1. Check the wiring and connections to the heater
- Turn off the power to the heater by turning off the breaker that supplies power to it.
- Disconnect the power cord from the heater.
- Inspect the wiring connections to the heater.
- Check for continuity between the power supply and the heater.
- Replace any defective wiring connections.
- Reconnect the power cord to the heater and turn on the power.
- Check the heater for proper operation.
2. Make sure the power is turned on to the heater
- Make sure the power is turned on to the heater
- Check the pentair heater error code r14
- Fix pentair heater error code r14
3. Replace the heater element
- Disconnect the power to the heater by turning off the breaker box or unplugging the cord.
- Remove the cover plate on the back of the heater.
- Remove the three screws that hold the element in place.
- Lift the element out of the heater.
- Clean the element with a clean cloth and alcohol.
- Apply a new sealant to the element.
- Replace the element in the heater.
- Reinstall the cover plate.
- Connect the power to the heater and test it.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Replace the thermostat.
- Replace the control board.
- Check for loose wires or components.
- Call a qualified technician.