The intoxalock removal error code indicates that the user has attempted to remove the intoxalock device from their vehicle without first completing the required removal process. This process must be completed in order to avoid damaging the device or rendering it unusable. Failure to follow the proper procedures may result in the device being permanently locked to the vehicle.
You are here because you have a question about:
- intoxalock error code 1
- intoxalock removal
1. Schedule an appointment with a certified mechanic to have the device removed
- Contact the certified mechanic of your choice to schedule an appointment to have the device removed.
- The certified mechanic will need to inspect the device to determine the best course of action.
- If the certified mechanic determines that the device must be removed, they will schedule a time for the procedure to be performed.
- The certified mechanic will need to provide you with a written estimate of the cost of the removal and repair.
2. Take the vehicle to a certified Intoxalock removal center
- Park the vehicle in a safe location.
- Remove all of the items from the vehicle that could interfere with the test. This includes any items that could be thrown during the test.
- Place the vehicle on a flat surface.
- Remove the front and rear seats.
- Remove the center console.
- Remove the dashboard.
- Remove the airbags.
- Remove any other obstructions.
- Remove the intoxalock.
- Place the intoxalock on a flat surface.
- Connect the intoxalock to the vehicle’s computer.
- Enter the intoxalock’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Enter the intoxalock’s Manufacturer’s Identification Number (MID).
- Enter the intoxalock’s Serial Number.
- Press the start button.
- The intoxalock removal system will begin to scan the vehicle for any intoxalock devices.
- If the vehicle contains any intoxalock devices, the intoxalock removal system will indicate the device’s location and type.
- The intoxalock removal system will also indicate if any of the device’s components are damaged.
- The intoxalock removal system will indicate when the removal is complete.
- Remove the intoxalock from the device.
- Disconnect the intoxalock from the vehicle’s computer.
- Store the device and all of the components in a safe place.
3. Purchase a removal tool from an authorized Intoxalock retailer
- Go to an authorized Intoxalock retailer and select the removal tool you require.
- Sign a release form and pay for the removal tool.
- Have the removal tool shipped to you.
- Remove the intoxalock tool from the intoxalock device.
- Use the removal tool to remove the intoxalock device.