Nintendo Switch Error Code 2002 is a general hardware error that can occur when using the Nintendo Switch console. There are many reasons why this error might occur, but some of the most common include hardware issues with the console itself, or with the game cartridge or SD card being used. This error can also occur if the console's firmware is out of date. In some cases, this error can be resolved by simply restarting the console. If the error persists, however, it is recommended that the console be sent in for repairs.
People like you are also looking for:
- nintendo switch error code 2002
- error code 2002 switch
1. Restart the console
- Hold down the power button on the Nintendo Switch console for 10 seconds to power off the device.
- Wait 30 seconds and then hold down the power button again to power on the console.
- Select the "System" option on the main menu screen.
- Select "Restart System."
- Press the "Y" button to confirm.
- The console will restart and the error code 2002 should be resolved.
2. Power cycle the console
- Turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button for 7 seconds.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Release the two clips that hold the motherboard in place.
- Lift the motherboard out of the console.
- Place the motherboard on a flat surface with the connectors facing down.
- Insert the battery cover and secure it with the clips.
- Reinstall the clips that hold the motherboard in place.
- Push the motherboard back into the console.
- Turn on the console by pressing and holding the power button for 7 seconds.
- If the console does not turn on, repeat steps 2-9.
3. Update the console software
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch home screen and select System Settings from the top menu.
- Select the Console Software update option from the System Settings menu.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to update the console software.
- After the console software has been updated, try to restart the Nintendo Switch. If the problem persists, please contact Nintendo customer service.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Delete and redownload the game or application.
- Check for loose cables.
- Try using another HDMI port.
- Contact Nintendo Support.