? When a switch encounters an error condition, it can generate an error code. Error code 2618-0516 is typically seen when a switch tries to access a memory location that is not currently in use. This can happen when the switch tries to access a memory location that has been allocated to another device, or when the switch tries to access a memory location that has been reserved for internal use by the switch.
1. Check cable connections
- Inspect the cable connections on the switch to ensure that they are secure.
- Check the status of the cables by running the "show cable-status" command.
- If there are any cables that are not functioning properly, replace them with new ones.
- Once all the cables are replaced, run the "show cable-status" command again to verify that they are all working properly.
2. Clear the switch's memory
To clear the switch's memory in order to fix switch error code 2618-0516, follow these steps:
- Power off the switch and remove all power cables.
- Press and hold the "Clear" button on the back of the switch.
- While holding the "Clear" button, re-apply power to the switch.
- Continue to hold the "Clear" button until the switch's LEDs begin flashing.
- Release the "Clear" button and allow the switch to reboot.
3. Reset the switch
There are two ways to reset the switch in order to fix the error code 2618-0516:
- Use the "clear" or "reset" command from the switch console.
- Use the web interface to access the switch and then choose the "Reset" option from the menu.
4. Replace the switch
- Shut down the computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the computer.
- Remove the computer case.
- Locate the switch on the motherboard.
- Unscrew the switch from the motherboard.
- Screw the new switch into the motherboard.
- Replace the computer case.
- Plug in the power cord.
- Start the computer.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check the power supply