The printer not activated error code 30 windows 7 is a very common error code that can occur when you are trying to print a document. This error code can occur for a variety of reasons, but the most common reason is that the printer is not properly configured. This error code can also occur if the printer is not connected to the computer correctly. If you are receiving this error code, you should first check to make sure that the printer is properly configured and then try to connect the printer to the computer again.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- printer not activated, error code -20
- printer not activated error code 30 windows 7
1. Check the printer's USB cable to make sure it is firmly connected to the computer
- Open the "Device Manager" by pressing "Windows Key + X" to open the "System Properties" window, and click on the "Device Manager" tab on the left.
- Right-click on the printer's name in the "Device Manager" list, and select "Properties".
- Under the "Driver" tab, make sure that the "USB Driver" is properly installed. If it is not, click on the "Update Driver" button to install the driver.
- Make sure that the USB cable is firmly connected to the printer and the computer.
- If the printer is not activated, try connecting it to another computer to see if it works. If it still does not work, the printer's USB cable may be defective and needs to be replaced.
2. Check the printer's queue for any error messages
- On your Windows 7 computer, open the "Start" menu, and then click "Control Panel."
- Under "Printers and Scanners," click "Print and Imaging."
- On the "Print Queue" tab, click the "Check" button.
- If any errors are found, then click the "Fix" button to correct them.
- Click the "OK" button to close the "Print and Imaging" window.
3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer's drivers
- From the Windows 7 Desktop, open the Control Panel.
- Under the Hardware and Sound category, click on the Device Manager icon.
- Under the Device Manager, locate the printer you are trying to activate and double-click on it.
- On the Driver tab, under the Driver Details section, click on Uninstall.
- On the Uninstallation wizard, click on the Next button.
- On the Confirmation window, click on the Uninstall button.
- When the uninstallation is complete, click on the Reboot button.
- When the computer restarted, open the Device Manager and locate the printer you just uninstalled.
- Right-click on the printer and click on Update Driver.
- On the Driver Update wizard, click on the Browse for Driver button.
- Locate the driver file you just downloaded and click on the Open button.
- When the driver installation is complete, click on the Finish button.
- In the Device Manager, locate the printer and click on the Activate button.
4. Try using a different USB port on the computer
There are several ways to try and fix the printer not activated error code 30 windows 7. One way is to try and connect the printer to a different USB port on the computer. Another way is to try and connect the printer to the computer using a different cable.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check the printer's power cord to make sure it is plugged into an outlet and turned on.
- Try restarting the computer.
- Try printing from a different program.
- Check for any Windows updates and install them.
- Contact the printer's manufacturer for troubleshooting assistance.