PS4 error NW-31205-1
What is ‘PS4 error NW-31205-1’?
PS4 error NW-31205-1 is an error that may occur when PS4 cannot connect to the internet. The error may indicate that the network connection is too weak or unstable to connect to the server of the PlayStation Network. When this happens, the user may get an error with the message “Connection to server failed.”
How can you fix ‘PS4 error NW-31205-1’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Configuring the network settings
- Checking the internet connection
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Configure Network setting
“PS4 error NW-31205-1” may be caused by your home network configuration. To confirm, try using your mobile phone data as a hotspot if it successfully lets your PS4 connect, something might be wrong on your Home network. Please set your network configuration to static, including your IP address.
Option 1. Configure PS4 Network Setting
Step 1. Get Network Information
- Go to Settings >> Network >> View Connection Status.
- Take note of the following.
Step 2. Change Network Settings
- Go to Settings >> Network >> Set Up Internet Connection.
- Use WiFi for Wireless internet.
Then use LAN for cabled internet.
- Then pick Custom.
- Input the IP address, Subnet and Gateway. Replace the last three digit of the IP address from 100 to 254.
- Change DNS address using the address below or the DNS provided by your ISP.
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Do no changes in MTU setting and Proxy server.
- Then, test your connection and then try to connect and game.
Option 1. Configure Modem Router Network Setting
If the error persists, it is possible the configuration was not applied. Try to turn off both your PS4 and modem router, then unplug them both from the power source for at least three minutes. This would refresh your PS4 connection to the modem and modem to the internet service provider.Last Updated on
Solution 2. Check Internet Connection
“PS4 error NW-31205-1” may also be due to the internet service provider (ISP). To confirm, see instruction below.
- Hard reset the PlayStation 4 and the modem router, it could be a cache problem.
- If the PlayStation 4 is connected via WiFi, make sure it gets a strong WiFi signal or using the ethernet cable.
- See if someone on your home is using too much bandwidth, let them finish the download or upload.
- If “PS4 error NW-31205-1” continues, see other gadgets if it is affected by the slow internet connection. If yes call your ISP for complaint.