What is PS4 error nw-31250-1?
PS4 error nw-31250-1 is an error that usually occurs when the domain name system (DNS) servers are not directing properly and it will not let the users download any updates.
How can you fix PS4 error nw-31250-1?
Some of the solutions to this error include setting the internet protocol (IP) address and DNS to manual, and checking the internet connection.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Set internet protocol (IP) address and domain name system (DNS) to Manual
“PS4 error NW-31250-1” may appear when your PS4 DNS could not synchronize with the PlayStation Network (PSN) server. You may want to try other DNS server such as Google Public DNS or call your internet service provider (ISP) if they could provide you with a DNS. Changing your DNS server may bypass firewall setting on your home network. Please see below.
Also, since you are accessing PS4 Network Setting, you may want to set your PS4 IP address to static. Doing this could make your connection stable.
Option 1. Change the PS4 Networking Settings
From PlayStation 4 Settings, access Network.
Then access View connection Status. Take a picture of the Network Details.
Then access Set Up Internet Connection.
Choose form WiFi or LAN Cable whichever you are using.
Then access Custom.
For the IP address settings choose Manual.
Input the copy or picture of the View Connection Status but replace the last 3 digits of the IP address from 100 to 254.
Optional: Changes the DNS address using the details below.
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Optional: Change MTU settings to 1473
Proxy server select Do not use.
Test your connection.
Check if the instructions help.
Option 2. Change Router Network setting for the PS4
2. Check Internet Connection
"PS4 error NW-31250-1" may also be caused by your internet service provider (ISP) or your home network. To confirm, see instruction below.
- If you're using wireless connection make your PS4 is receiving a strong WiFi signal from the modem router. Try to use a wired connection, it may help.
- See if someone is eating too much bandwidth from the home network. Let them finish and see if "PS4 error NW-31250-1" still appears.
- Unplugging the modem router from the outlet for a minimum of three minutes. It will reset the connection and delete the cache. When your modem router reconnects to your ISP, there is a possibility you will have a new IP and DNS address.
- Try to use your mobile phone data internet connection. See if it works. If it does, your ISP DNS address may have a connection problem to the game server. Update the game using your mobile data or call your ISP.