What is PS4 error NW-31253-4?
PS4 error NW-31253-4 is an error that usually occurs when there is a problem with the domain name system (DNS).
How can you fix PS4 error NW-31253-4?
Some of the solutions to this error include setting the DNS to manual and checking your internet connection.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Set Domain Name System (DNS) to Manual
“PS4 error NW-31253-4” may appear when your PS4 detects a problem in your DNS. Please set it to automatic or set it manually. Also, you may want to change your IP to make it stable. If you do not know what IP address to use, go to View connection. Take a picture or copy it onto a piece of paper.
For the DNS, use your DNS, or call your internet service provider and ask for a DNS, which is suitable for PlayStation. Or use Google Public DNS which is 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Access Set Up Internet Connection in the PS4 Network Settings.
- Then select your current connection.
WiFi for wireless connection
LAN for cable
- After selecting, use Custom to manually input your Input IP, subnet, gateway and DNS address.
- For the MTU setting, select Automatic.
- Proxy server select Do not use.
- Check if “PS4 error NW-31253-4” still appears,
To set the domain name system (DNS) using the router see this YouTube video here.
2. Check Internet Connection
"PS4 error NW-31253-4 error" may also be caused by your home network setting. To test it, please see below.
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 and the modem router and then unplug it. Plug and turn on both device after one minute. Check if "PS4 error NW-31253-4 error" was fixed.
- Also, if you have a dedicated computer with a firewall, configure it. Call your network administrator for assistance.
- If the PlayStation 4 connected to a router or switch, it is possible that the router or switch is "PS4 error NW-31253-4 error." Try to a connection directly to the modem.
- If your Internet service provider has replaced your previous modem, try to contact them it could also be the cause.