The QuickBooks Error Code -6189 is a fairly common error code that is caused by a problem with the QuickBooks installation or the company file. This error code can also be caused by a problem with the Windows operating system or the Microsoft .NET Framework. The QuickBooks Error Code -6189 can be caused by a variety of different things, but the most common cause is a damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation. This error code can also be caused by a damaged or corrupt company file.
Other common searches for this error include:
- quickbooks error code -6189
- quickbooks error code -6190
- quickbooks error code -6190, -816
1. Restore a backup
- Open quickbooks and go to File > Backup and Restore > Restore from Backup.
- Select the backup you want to restore and click Next.
- On the Restore from Backup window, select where you want to restore the backup to.
- Select the files and folders you want to restore and click Next.
- On the Restore Settings window, specify the restore options.
- Click Restore to restore the backup files.
2. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
1.Launch QuickBooks File Doctor by clicking on the icon on your desktop. 2.Click on the "Scan" button to begin the scanning process. 3.If the QuickBooks error code -6189 is detected, click on the "Fix" button to begin the repair process. 4.If the QuickBooks error code -6189 is not detected, click on the "Exit" button to finish the scanning process.
3. Use the QuickBooks Repair Tool
- Launch the QuickBooks Repair Tool.
- Click on the "Repair" tab.
- Select the error code from the list.
- Click on the "Fix" button.
- Wait for the QuickBooks Repair Tool to finish repairing the error.
- If the error is fixed, you will be notified with a message.
- If the error is not fixed, you will be notified with a list of possible fixes.
- You can then try one of the fixes and if it is successful, you will be notified with a message.
- If the fix fails, you will be notified with a list of possible fixes and the error code for the fix that failed.
- You can then try the fix again and if it is successful, you will be notified with a message.
4. Manually fix the problem by editing the Registry
The steps to manually fix the problem by editing the Registry are as follows:
- Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intuit\QuickBooks" folder.
- In the "QuickBooks" folder, create a new key called "IntuitErrorCodes".
- In the "IntuitErrorCodes" key, create a new value called "6189".
- Double-click on the "6189" value to open it in the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, change the "Value" value of the "6189" key to "1".
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
- If the problem is still not resolved, reinstalling QuickBooks may be the solution.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Reinstall QuickBooks