The Speed Queen error code 65 occurs when the washer's main control board detects a problem with the door switch. The door switch is a safety feature that prevents the washer from operating when the door is open. When the main control board detects an issue with the door switch, it will display the error code 65. There are a few reasons why the door switch may be malfunctioning. The most common reason is that the door switch is dirty or obstructed. Another possibility is that the door switch is loose or damaged. If the door switch is damaged, it will need to be replaced.
1. Unplug the machine and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in
-Step one: Shut down the machine by pressing the power button. -Step two: Disconnect the power cord from the machine. -Step three: Wait a few minutes before plugging the power cord back in. -Step four: When the machine is turned back on, it will take a few minutes to initialize and load the operating system. During this time, the machine may be slow or experience other issues.
2. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not kinked or blocked
- Turn off the power to the fan.
- Remove the cover on the top of the fan.
- Look for any debris or objects in the drain hose. If there is debris, use a plunger to clear it out.
- Inspect the drain hose for kinks or blockages. If there is a blockage, use a plunger to clear it out.
- Reconnect the drain hose to the fan.
- Turn on the power to the fan.
- Check the fan for proper operation.
3. Clean the lint screen
- Remove the front cover of the machine.
- Locate the lint screen and remove it by pushing down on one end and pulling it out.
- Clean the screen with a lint-free cloth.
- Replace the lint screen and reattach it to the machine.
- Close the front cover.
4. Check the water inlet hose and make sure it is not kinked or blocked
To check the water inlet hose, turn off the water supply to the dishwasher. Check the water inlet hose to ensure that it is not kinked or blocked. If the water inlet hose is blocked, use a plunger to clear the obstruction.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check for a loose wire connection.
- Call a service technician.