The square error code cb4 is a code that indicates an error with the square root function. This error can happen for a variety of reasons, but typically it is caused by either an input that is not a number, or an input that is not in the correct format.
You are here because you have a question about:
- square error code cb4
- square error code cd8
1. Restart your computer
To restart your computer, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until your computer restarts.
2. Update your drivers
- Open Device Manager by clicking on the Start button, typing “devmgmt.msc”, and pressing Enter.
- Under the “Ports (COM & LPT)” heading, right-click on any port that is having issues, and select “Update Driver”.
- Browse to the folder where your drivers are stored, select the desired driver, and click on “Install”.
- If the driver installation completes successfully, you will receive a message stating as much. Click on the “Finish” button.
- If the driver installation fails, you will receive a message stating as much. Click on the “Restart” button.
- Once your computer has restarted, repeat steps 3-5.
- If the driver installation still fails, you will need to contact your computer’s manufacturer for assistance.
3. Reinstall your graphics card
- Unplug all power cords and cables from your graphics card.
- Remove the screw that holds your graphics card in place and gently pull it out.
- Carefully remove the old graphics card and replace it with the new one.
- Reinstall the screw and replace the graphics card in its original location.
- Plug in all power cords and cables and turn on your computer.
4. Run a virus scan
- Open your computer’s operating system and sign in.
- Click on the “Start” button and select the “Search” option.
- Type “ virus scan” in the search bar and select the first result.
- Click on the “Virus Scan” button to open the virus scan window.
- Click on the “Next” button to continue.
- Select the “ Scan for viruses” option and click on the “Next” button.
- Select the “Use default settings” option and click on the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Scan” button to start the virus scan.
- The virus scan window will show the progress of the virus scan.
- If the virus scan is complete, the “Scan results” window will show the results of the virus scan.
- If the virus scan is not complete, click on the “Resume” button to continue the virus scan.
- If the virus scan is complete, click on the “Close” button to close the virus scan window.
- If the virus scan is not complete, click on the “Open” button to open the virus scan window again.
- Click on the “Fix errors” button to fix the square error code cb4.
5. Check your system for errors
- Check if your system is properly plugged in and if all cables are properly connected.
- Check your system's BIOS to ensure that all systems are set to the same hardware settings.
- Check for common errors that can cause square error code cb4.
- If errors are found, fix them.
- Re-boot your system and check for any errors.
- If errors are still present, contact your system administrator.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Clean your registry
- Update your operating system
- Install the latest service packs