The UPS error code 81290 is a general error code that indicates a problem with the UPS system. There are a number of possible causes for this error code, including a problem with the UPS system itself, a problem with the power supply, or a problem with the UPS software.
1. Restart your computer
- Press the power button to turn off your computer.
- Wait a few seconds until the computer turns off.
- Press the power button to turn on your computer.
- Immediately after the computer turns on, press the F8 key to open the boot menu.
- Select the option to start up from a hard drive.
- Select your hard drive, and press the Enter key.
- Select the option to restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, you should see the message “Press any key to continue.”
- Press any key to continue.
- After your computer restarts, you will see the “Ups Error Code: 81290” message.
- To fix this error, you will need to restart your computer again.
2. Update your drivers
- Open Device Manager by clicking on the Start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box.
- Double-click on the "Display Adapter" icon to open the Display Adapter Properties window.
- Click on the "Driver" tab and select the "Update Driver" button.
- Click on the "Browse my computer for drivers" button and select the "Browse" button on the next window.
- Locate the driver file that you copied to your computer and select it.
- Click on the "Next" button and wait for the driver installation process to finish.
- After the driver installation process is finished, click on the "Finish" button to close the Display Adapter Properties window.
- Reboot your computer to apply the updated driver.
3. Run a virus scan
The first step is to open up the Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL. Next, you will need to select the Processes tab and then click on the Virus Scan process. You will now need to set the virus scan to start automatically and then click on the OK button. Next, you will need to open up the Windows Security Center by pressing CTRL+ALT+SEC. You will then need to select the Virus Scan checkbox and then click on the OK button. Finally, you will need to restart your computer in order for the virus scan to complete.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Check for malware.
- Clean your registry.
- Update your Windows.
- Try a different browser.
- Disable any proxy settings.
- Reset your DNS settings.
- Flush your DNS cache.