What is Windows 10 error 651?
Windows 10 error 651 is a network card error that basically prevents you from using your internet connection.
How can you fix Windows 10 error 651?
Some of the solutions to this error include checking the LAN or wifi driver.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Check LAN or Wifi driver
Windows 10 error 651 may be due to LAN or WiFi driver. The driver could be out of date, damaged or incompatible with the hardware or with Windows 10. See instructions below to test and fix the problem.
- Check LAN or WiFi driver installed by right-clicking Windows Start and select Device manager.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Check if it has a yellow exclamation point.
If yes, download and install the driver, and then restart.
If no, right-click the LAN or WiFi driver select update and select update from using the internet.
- If there is no exclamation point while using an ethernet cable, check the LAN port LED light if it is blinking. If not, please see below.
- Reconnect the RG45 to both sides, computer and router.
- Make sure your ethernet cable is in good condition.
- Check if the modem router detects the cable by checking the port LED indicator.
If not, use a different LAN port from the modem router.
- If you are using Wifi, look for a place with a good signal.