Windows error code 122
What is ‘Windows error code 122’?
Windows error code 122 is a software error or compatibility issue between the hardware installed and the system being used.
How can you fix ‘Windows error code 122’?
Some of the most common fixes for Windows error code 122 include:
- Installing the correct driver or updating your existing driver
- Checking your Windows version
- Performing a system restore
See our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Install/ Update Driver
“Windows error code 122” may be caused by an incompatible driver. You may want to install the correct driver for your hardware which is also compatible with your Windows Version. Check solution 2 to know your Windows version.
Also, you might want to try the method. The method below requires your PC to be online.
- Go to Device Manager
- Right-click the device with an error 122.
- Select Update driver.
- Then select the one below and let Windows finish the process.
Search automatically for updated driver software
- Restart your PC when finished, then check if Windows error code 122 still occur.
Solution 2. Check your Windows version
“Windows error code 122” may also be caused by you installing a software, which is not compatible with your Windows version. Make sure the software you are installing is compatible with the Windows version you are using. If not, please download the correct file.
To check Windows version, click Windows Start then type in System Information and then press Enter key.Last Updated on
Solution 3. Perform a System restore scan for affected program
If you recently installed a software or a Windows update “Windows error code 122” could be due to the recent change in your Windows. It could be a Windows update or a software that is not compatible with your current Windows version. To fix this, do a system restore scan to the affected program.
Be advised that the System restore requires you to have a restoration point and you must log in as Administrator.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Search for Recovery. Use Search bar to ease the search.
- Choose Open System Restore.
- Choose a Restoration point and then press Scan for affected programs.
- When finished, restart the PC.