Error code 0xc000025 is a Windows error code that indicates a problem with the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including a corrupt or missing BCD, a corrupt or missing boot.ini file, or a corrupt or missing Ntldr file. This error can also be caused by a hardware issue, such as a faulty hard drive or a bad memory module.
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Restart your computer.
- If the error persists, try to troubleshoot the issue by following these steps:
- Check if your computer is connected to the internet.
- Check if your computer has the latest updates.
- Try to restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- Try to remove any recently installed programs.
2. Check for updates and install any available updates
- Under System, click on About phone.
- Under System updates, click on Check for updates.
- If any updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed.
- If an update is not available, the phone will return to the main screen.
3. Run the Windows System File Checker tool
- Start the Windows System File Checker tool by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting System File Checker from the list of tools.
- On the System File Checker window, click the Check for problems button.
- The System File Checker window will display a list of files that are potentially corrupt.
- Select the file that you want to check and click on the Check button.
- If the file is found to be corrupt, the System File Checker tool will display a message indicating the details of the corruption and provide a link to the online tool that can help fix the issue.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Perform a clean startup of Windows.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.