Xbox One error code 0x8000ffff
Xbox One error code 0x8000ffff occur after running a game or joining a party chat. It could mean that some features are not available due to temporary system maintenance, an unexpected Xbox Live issue, or a network configuration issue. The error may also occur on Xbox 360.
Solution 1. Check Xbox Live server
“Xbox One error code 0x8000ffff” occur, please check Xbox Live Core Service status. The server could be overloaded with a request or is under maintenance which leads to the error. To confirm, see link here. If the server status has a warning, wait for it to fix.
Solution 2. Check Internet connection
If Xbox Live Core Service is running fine “Xbox one error code 0x8000FFFF” appears due to your internet connection. Your network setting might be having an issue. It could be the network firewall preventing you to access to Xbox Live Core Service server. This could be due to a newly installed router with firewall. To confirm test your network, to verify the issue causing the error.
- Check your Xbox One NAT settings. See solution 3.
- Do an internet speed test, see speedtest.net. If your internet connection speed is not normal, call the internet service provider (ISP).
- If it is fine, turn off your modem router for at least three minutes. Check if it solves the problem.
- If the connection is WiFi, make sure your Xbox 360 is receiving enough WiFi signal.
- If the connection is ethernet cable, reconnect the cable or try other LAN ports.
- If the issue still exists, a router might have a firewall. Connect your Xbox 360 to your modem, if it fixes the issue.
Solution 3. Change the NAT setting
“Xbox One error code 0x8000FFFF” may be a result of a Network Address Translation (NAT) type. The NAT type might is not set to Open. This will result in incompatibility with other players in the network. Go to the Nat type settings, and set it to Open.