Zoom error code 104103 is a code that indicates that there was an error in trying to connect to the Zoom servers. This code can happen for a variety of reasons, including if the Zoom servers are down or if there is a problem with your internet connection. If you see this error code, it is recommended that you try again later or check your internet connection to see if there are any issues.
1. Clean the lens
- Open the camera and remove the battery and memory card.
- Turn off the camera.
- Remove the lens.
- Wipe the lens with a soft, clean cloth.
- Dry the lens with a soft, clean cloth.
- Apply a light coat ofLens Cleaner to a soft, clean cloth.
- Wipe the lens clean.
- Apply a second light coat of Lens Cleaner to the lens.
- Wipe the lens clean.
- Replace the lens.
2. Check the connection between the lens and the camera
- Check if the lens is properly attached to the camera
- Check if the lens is properly inserted into the camera
- Replace the lens if necessary
- Check if the camera is properly connected to the network
- Check if the camera is properly initialized
- Check if the camera is properly configured
3. Restart the camera
If the camera is experiencing an issue with the zoom lens, it may be necessary to restart the camera in order to fix the problem. To restart the camera, follow these steps:
- On the camera's main screen, press the MENU button.
- Select the option to "Restart."
- Press the OK button.
- The camera will restart and the zoom error code 104103 will be resolved.
4. Update the camera firmware
- Verify that the camera is connected to the internet and that the firmware is up to date.
- Download the firmware update file from the Canon website.
- Unzip the file and extract the firmware files to a location on your computer.
- Double-click on the firmware update file to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update process.
- Restart the camera after the firmware update is complete.
- Check the zoom error code after the camera has restarted to see if the problem has been fixed.
5. Contact the camera manufacturer
- Check the camera's battery and charger.
- Make sure the lens is properly installed and properly aligned with the camera body.
- Try resetting the camera's zoom error code using the procedure in the camera's operating manual.
- If the problem persists, try to exchange the camera's lens with a new one.