There are a few common Mageia Grub error codes that can occur. The most common is "Error 15: File not found". This can happen if the kernel or initrd image files are not found in the configured root directory. Another common error is "Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition", which can occur if the root partition is not mounted correctly. Finally, "Error 18: Selected cylinder exceeds maximum supported by BIOS" can occur if the BIOS does not support the number of cylinders in the hard disk.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- -boot into your Mageia live CD/USB and select the "boot from hard drive" option
- -once you're at the Mageia boot menu, select the option to "boot from hard drive" again
- -select the option to "repair your installation"
- -when prompted, choose the option to "repair bootloader"
- -follow the prompts and instructions to repair your bootloader