Mageia 5 grub error 15
What is ‘Mageia 5 grub error 15’?
Mageia 5 grub error 15 is an error that may occur when your computer has trouble finding the right files to boot. It may be due to a damaged master boot record (MBR), changes in the BIOS settings, or modifications to a hardware.
How can you fix ‘Mageia 5 grub error 15’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Reinstalling the bootstrap code
- Editing the Boot Priority using GRUB
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Reinstall bootstrap code
“Mageia 5 grub error 15” may occur due to a damaged master boot record (MBR), which may be caused by file corruption or it overwritten by a second operating system. To fix this, reinstall bootstrap code.
- Insert Mageia 5 bootable device.
- Boot to Mageia 5 bootable device.
- From the boot menu for type “linux rescue” at the “boot:” prompt for Mageia 5 “Rescue installed system.”
- Mount all filesystems in read-write mode.
- Replac root to real root (‘/’) on your hard disk:
# chroot /mnt/sysimage
- Re-install bootstrap code (GRUB).
For GRUB to the MBR on an SCSI or SATA disk: # grub-install /dev/sda
For GRUB to the PBR of Partition #2 on a SCSI or SATA disk: # grub-install /dev/sda2
For GRUB to the MBR on an IDE disk: # grub-install /dev/hda
Solution 2. Edit Boot Priority using GRUB
“Mageia 5 grub error 15” may also mean that the BIOS settings were changed or a modification of hardware was done. Try fixing the booting problem using the GRUB and the command below.
grub> find /grub/grub.conf
If you have multiple Linux operating systems installed try the find command below.
grub> find /grub/grub.confLast Updated on
grub> find /grub/menu.lst