There are a few common Windows Live Mail error codes: 0x800CCC0E, 0x800CCC0F, 0x800CCC10, and 0x800CCC11. These error codes are typically caused by a problem with your email account settings, a problem with your ISP, or a problem with your computer's network connection.
Windows Live mail error id 0x8de00005Windows Live Mail error id 0x8de00005 is an error that usually occurs when a user's account cannot connect to Outlook/ Hotmail or the MSN in order to retrieve emails. This may occur when the HTTPS security feature on Hotmail is turned on. Ideally, the account should be configured as a POP or an IMAP account.
1. Restart your computer and try again
- If Windows Live Mail is open, close it.
- Click Start and type msconfig in the Start Search box.
- In the msconfig window, click the Boot tab and then click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced Boot Options window, click the Restart button.
- In the Restart Options window, select the OK button.
- When Windows starts up, select the Live Mail check box on the boot menu and then press the F5 key.
- Windows should start up and you should be able to open Windows Live Mail. If you are still getting the error code, try the following:
- Reinstall Windows Live Mail
- Reset Windows Live Mail settings
- Clear the cache and cookies for Windows Live Mail
2. Make sure your account is set up correctly and try again
- Verify that your email address is entered correctly.
- Verify that your SMTP server is correctly configured.
- Verify that your port is correctly configured.
- Verify that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Verify that you have the latest Windows Live Mail service pack installed.
- Verify that you have the latest anti-virus software installed.
- Verify that your firewall is not blocking communications to or from the Windows Live Mail server.
- Verify that you have sufficient disk space available on your computer to store the Windows Live Mail database.
- Verify that your computer is compatible with Windows Live Mail.
- Verify that you have the correct user name and password for your Windows Live Mail account.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check your internet connection and try again.
- Update Windows Live Mail and try again.
- Try using a different email client.