Windows Live mail error id 0x8de00005
What is ‘Windows Live Mail error id 0x8de00005’?
Windows Live Mail error id 0x8de00005 is an error that usually occurs when a user’s account cannot connect to Outlook/ Hotmail or the MSN in order to retrieve emails. This may occur when the HTTPS security feature on Hotmail is turned on. Ideally, the account should be configured as a POP or an IMAP account.
How can you fix ‘Windows Live Mail error id 0x8de00005’?
Some of the solutions to this error include:
- Setting up POP or IMAP
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Set Up POP or IMAP
Windows Live Mail error id 0x8de00005 could be caused by misconfiguration of the Windows Live Mail. To solve it configure your Windows Live Mail by setting up POP or IMAP for the incoming server. See instructions below.
- Go here and log in.
- Click on Setting and select Option.
- Select POP and IMAP, then select Yes in the POP option.
- Run Windows Live Mail.
- Create an account by click Accounts ==> Email and add your account.
- Input your email address, password and display name for outgoing messages.
- Select Manually configure server settings and click Next.
- For the incoming server, select IMAP from the drop-down.
- For the incoming server address, enter outlook.office365.com and change the port number to 993.
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL).
- For Authenticate using, select Clear text from the drop-down.
- For Log-on username, enter the full email address.
- For the outgoing mail server address, enter smtp.live.com and change the port to 587.
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.
- Click Next and Finish.
Solution 2. Configure Your Gmail Account
If your Windows Live Mail is linked to your Gmail account, probably your Gmail settings are causing the error. Make sure Gmail settings are configured to connect with other application. See instructions below on how to or watch it here on YouTube.