Bitdefender VPN Error Code 12 is caused by a conflict with another application on your computer. This can be caused by an antivirus or firewall program that is blocking the VPN from connecting, or by a program that is using the same port as the VPN.
1. Check your internet connection and make sure it is working properly
- Open your web browser and type “www.speedtest.net” in the address bar.
- Click on the “Start” button to begin the test.
- Enter your network information and click on the “Get Test Results” button.
- Review the information and make any necessary adjustments to your connection.
- Click on the “Start” button to continue the test.
- Wait a few minutes for the test to complete and review the results.
- If the test results indicate that your connection is not meeting your required speed, you will need to take steps to improve your connection.
2. Restart your computer and try again
- Restart your computer.
- In Windows 8 or 10, open the Start screen, type "cmd" and press Enter.
- At the command prompt, type "net stop bitdefender" and press Enter.
- At the command prompt, type "net start bitdefender" and press Enter.
- Wait for bitdefender to start up.
- Check your computer for any errors.
- If the error persists, restore your computer to its original factory settings.
- If the error still persists, contact your computer manufacturer for help.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender VPN
- Launch Bitdefender VPN and sign in
- Click on the "Uninstall" link on the top left corner of the main screen
- Select the Bitdefender VPN you want to uninstall and click on the "Uninstall" button
- Click on the "Reinstall" button and follow the on-screen instructions
- Once the reinstall is complete, launch Bitdefender VPN and sign in again
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Contact Bitdefender support for further assistance.