If you're getting the error "Bitdefender VPN not working," it's likely because the VPN service is not properly set up on your computer. This error can occur for a number of reasons, including incorrect VPN settings, an outdated VPN client, or a problem with your internet connection.
To fix the "Bitdefender VPN not working" error, you'll need to make sure that your VPN settings are correct and that your VPN client is up-to-date. You can also try restarting your computer or your router. If these steps don't fix the problem, you may need to contact your VPN provider for further assistance.
You are here because you have a question about:
- bitdefender vpn error code 9
- bitdefender vpn not working
1. Check that the Bitdefender VPN service is running
- Open the Bitdefender VPN app and sign in.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner of the app.
- Under the General heading, check that the VPN is running.
- If the VPN isn't running, click the Activate VPN button to start it up.
- If the VPN is running, check that the status icon in the top-right corner of the app is lit up green.
2. Check that your Internet connection is working
- First, make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Next, open the Bitdefender Antivirus program.
- Click the “Settings” tab.
- In the “Internet Connection” section, make sure that your connection is listed and is working properly.
- If your connection is not listed or is not working properly, please see our guide on how to Fix Bitdefender vpn not working.
3. Verify that the VPN server is online and reachable
- Verify the VPN server is online and reachable by issuing a ping command to the VPN server’s IP address.
- If the ping command fails, then the VPN server may be down or unreachable. In this case, you will need to troubleshoot the issue and try to re-establish connectivity to the VPN server.
- If the VPN server is online and reachable, then you can try to connect to it using the VPN client. If the VPN client fails to connect to the VPN server, then the VPN server may be down or have an issue with its configuration. In this case, you will need to troubleshoot the issue and try to re-establish connectivity to the VPN server.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check the VPN server settings.
- Check the VPN client settings.
- Restart the Bitdefender VPN service.
- Restart your computer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Bitdefender VPN client.