What is 'Chrome unknown installer error 3'?
Chrome unknown installer error 3 is an error that may occur when trying to install Google Chrome. It may be due to the failure of communicating with Google Update since it is not registered properly.
How can you fix 'Chrome unknown installer error 3'?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking your internet connection
- Checking your device if it meets system requirements
- Download installer again
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Check your Internet Connection
Chrome unknown installer error 3 may be due to your internet connectivity. Your connection could be slow, blocked or you have no permission to do changes in the system. You may want to test your internet connection.
- If you are in a private network such as an office or a school campus, your connectivity might be under a firewall or you may need a permit to do changes in the PC. To solve this, ask for the IT administrator of the private network to permit your Google Chrome installation or update.
- If you are in a home network text your internet speed by accessing speedtest.net. If the speed is slow, call your internet service provider.
- If the internet speed is normal, turn off your computer and modem router for at least three minutes.
If the issue persists, check the solutions below.
2. Check if your device meets the system requirements
Chrome unknown installer error 3 could also be caused by hardware or operating system version. Check if your hardware has at least 500mb of free space and an Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that's SSE2 capable. For the operating system version, please see below.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- Servers require Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 Mac* OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.3+, or Fedora Linux 24+
3. Download installer again
Chrome unknown installer error 3 could also be caused by your Google Chrome installer. It could be corrupted or the install is an old version of Google Chrome. You may want to download and install the latest version of Google Chrome from this link www.google.com/chrome.
For offline install, click here.