Chrome unknown installer error 3
Solution 1. Check your Internet Connection
Chrome unknown installer error 3 may due to your internet connectivity. Your connection could be slow, blocks or you have no permission to do changes in the system. You may want to test your internet connection.
- If your in a private network such as an office or a school campus, your connectivity might be under a firewall or you may need a permit to do changes in the PC. To solve this, ask for the IT administrator of the private network to permit your Google Chrome installation or update.
- If you are in a home network text your internet speed by accessing speedtest.net. If the speed is slow, call your internet service provider.
- If the internet speed is normal, turn off your computer and modem router for at least three minutes.
If the issue persists, check the solutions below.
Solution 2. Check if your device meets the system requirements
Chrome unknown installer error 3 could be caused by hardware or operating system version. Check if your hardware has at least 500mb of free space and an Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable. While for the operating system version, please see below.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- Servers require Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.3+, or Fedora Linux 24+
Solution 3. Redownload installer
Chrome unknown installer error 3 could be caused by your Google Chrome installer. It could be corrupted or the install is an old version of Google Chrome. You may want to download and install the latest version of Google Chrome from this link www.google.com/chrome.
For offline installed click here.