The dauntless error code ratelimited is displayed when the game is unable to connect to the server. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as the server being down or the player's internet connection being unstable.
1. Check your internet connection
- Open the "Network and Sharing Center"
- Click on the "Change adapter settings" icon
- Right-click on the network interface that you want to check, and select "Properties"
- Under the "Status" column, you will see the error code. If it is "RateLimited," then you have an issue with your internet connection.
- To fix the issue, you will need to either upgrade your internet connection or fix the issue with your router.
2. Restart your computer
- If your computer is on, press the power button to turn it off.
- Wait a few seconds until the computer shuts down completely.
- Press the power button to turn on your computer.
- When you see the blue screen with the Windows logo, press the R key.
- Type msconfig into the R key and press Enter.
- On the General tab, select the Restart button.
- Click the button to restart your computer. If you continue to experience dauntless error code ratelimited, you may need to reinstall the game or update your graphics card.
3. Turn off any VPN or proxy service you may be using
The steps to turn off a VPN or proxy service depend on the service you are using.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Temporarily disable your firewall
- Add an exception for Dauntless in your firewall
- Run a malware scan on your computer
- Reinstall Dauntless