The EA error code 524 is a problem with the game data. This can be caused by a number of things, including a corrupt game file, a problem with the game's installation, or a problem with the game's registry. This error code can also be caused by a virus or malware infection.
1. Restart your computer and Origin
- In the Windows menu, select "Start" and then "Settings."
- In the Settings window, select "PC Settings."
- In the PC Settings window, select "Restart."
- Select "Restart now."
- Select "Yes."
- Your computer will restart and Origin will launch.
2. Update your drivers
- Under Hardware, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers
- Right-click on your audio or video controller and select Update Driver
- Browse to the location of the driver file and select it
- Click on the Next button
- Select the appropriate driver for your operating system
- Click on the Finish button
- Restart your computer
3. Verify your game files
- Access your EA account and go to My Games and Apps.
- Locate the game you are having issues with and open it.
- On the main menu, select "Settings."
- Select "General."
- Select "Local Files."
- Locate the file that is causing the issue and delete it.
- Restart your computer.
- If the issue still occurs, try downloading the latest game update.
4. Delete your Origin cache files
- Go to Origin's “Settings” menu and click on the “Cache” tab.
- On the “Cache” tab, scroll down to the “Origin” section and click on the “Delete Cache Files” button.
- Origin will ask you to confirm the deletion. Click on the “Yes” button.
- Origin will now delete all of your cache files. Click on the “Exit” button to finish.
5. Reinstall Origin
- Access Origin through your web browser.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner of the Origin window.
- Select the Help menu.
- Select the About Origin option.
- Click on the Reinstall button.
- Select the Origin version you would like to install.
- Click on the Install button.
- Origin will start the installation process.
- When the installation is complete, click on the OK button.
- Restart Origin if prompted to do so.
6. Contact EA support
- From the main menu, select "Help & Support".
- Under "Contact EA", select "Submit a Request".
- Under "Subject", type "Error Code: 524".
- Under "Description", provide as much detail as possible about the issue.
- Click "Submit Request".
- EA will respond to your request within 72 business hours.