Error 20 is a problem with the Google Play Store that occurs when trying to download or update an app. The error message says "Update for [app name] could not be downloaded due to an error. (20)." There are a few possible reasons for this error, including a corrupted download, a problem with the Google Play Store, or a problem with the app itself. Sometimes, simply restarting your device can fix the problem. If not, try clearing the cache and data of the Google Play Store app and/or the app that is giving you the error. You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 20
- error 20
1. Check that the correct file path is being used
Check the file path against the correct path. If the paths are not the same, then the file may not be located where it is supposed to be.
2. Use a text editor to check the file for syntax errors
- Open the file in a text editor.
- Check for syntax errors.
- Fix the errors.
- Save the file.
3. Check that the file has the correct permissions
Incorrect permissions can be the cause of error 20. To check the permissions of the file, use the following steps:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the file that you want to check permissions for.
- Right-click the file, and then select Properties.
- On the Permissions tab, click the Details button.
- In the dialog box that appears, make sure that the permissions are correct. If they are not, then you can fix the permissions by following the instructions that are provided.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Use a different program to access the file.